Almost everybody has at least one pair of headphones these days as they come standard with any smartphone you purchase but, that doesn’t mean that all headphones are created equal.
JBL is one of the oldest speaker companies in the country and has lasted this long for the amazing sound and quality that audiophiles have come to love. I like to think of myself as an audiophile and appreciate good sound when listening to my music or watching a movie. I have headphones from Shure, Beats, Bose and of course JBL.
Once I connected my JBL Everest Elite 700’s to my devices, they suddenly became my go-to and favorite pair.
Here’s what comes with your purchase:
- JBL Everest Elite 700 headphones
- Carry case
- Micro USB charging cable
- Audio cable w/3.5 mm jack
Why are these my new favorite headphones?
- Rechargeable battery (15 hours on a full charge)
- Bluetooth connection (no more wires getting caught up or yanking out the cable by accident)
- JBL’s NXTGen Technology (Noise-cancelling that works amazing plus control of ambient sound around you)
- My JBL headphone app (I’ll describe more below with screen shots from the app)
- TrueNote Auto Sound Calibration (literally calibrates the sound when on your ears based on the surrounding you are in)
The battery life is great for a typical full day plus, if the battery ever died, you can connect the 3.5mm audio cable directly into the headphones to use so you are never stuck (keep in mind, the noise-cancelling won’t work this way)
The JBL Headphone app is an AMAZING added bonus:
Once you are connected to the app, you can:
- Check battery level
- The option for TrueNote to calibrate the sound,
- Noise-Cancel, you can turn noise cancel on/off
- Awareness setting is amazing, this feature allows you to be able to hear any ambient noise around you and you can chose at what level and how much on only one or both ears
- Equalization; JBL includes 3 presets for different types of music/sound and you have the option to create your own custom 10 band EQ to make it sound truly the way you like it! (What other company lets you do that?!)
Let’s talk about the headphones themselves – they are COMFORTABLE! These might be around the ear headphones but the very soft leather cups feel very comfortable and even after an hour + on the ears, I wouldn’t change my stance on this.
There are also control buttons built into the headphones. On one side, there volume + & – buttons along side with a center button that can act as a play/pause and a Skip forward or back a track. On the other side, there is a power button as well as the Awareness/Ambient Sound to turn to the settings on or off.
An additional plus is the microphone built in with echo cancellation, so you can easily take phone calls with out having to do anything special.
Lastly, if you go a while with out using the Everest Elite 700 for a phone call or listening to anything through it, there is an auto-off sensor to help preserve the battery and power down the headphones.
Next time you are out at an electronic store, I dare you to test out the JBL Everest Elite 700 and see if you can take them off. They are truly that good!
Or take my word for it & purchase them HERE.